Some of you may have experienced this problem in Reports before: you wanted to make a chart to compare the behavior of people with tag A and people with tag B, but you couldn't make a chart with just these 2 tags visible.
I'm happy to say that now you can! In Reports, you can now compare the engagement among members with just your selected tags.
Here is an example of a chart you can now make:
Happy chart building!
While you can build charts directly from the Reports tab, you don't always want to start from scratch. Now, you can create a draft chart directly from the Activities tab. Just click the Visualize button in the upper right corner and we'll automatically create an activity chart with your selected filters and timeframe that you can further edit. Add the chart to a custom dashboard when you're done - it's that easy.
Your filtered activity timeline:
Your auto-generated chart:
Learn more in our KB doc: https://orbit.love/knowledge-base/quickly-build-an-activities-chart
Our HubSpot and Salesforce integrations are now available for users on our Premium and Enterprise plans.
In this initial release, we've added the ability to create Contacts in HubSpot and Leads in Salesforce directly from Orbit.
Once you add either integration you will unlock a new Quick Action that can be performed either in bulk from the Member's view in Orbit:
Or, individually from a Member's profile using the new
There is more to come for both of these integrations, so if you want to try them out and you are not currently on the Premium plan, it is possible to get a 14-day trial directly from the Billing page in your workspace settings.
Now you can drill down into a chart on your report and see which members/activities were part of it. Just go to the Reports tab, go to a chart you're interested in, and click on the View Members or View Activities button in the upper right corner of the chart. It will take you directly to the members list/activities timeline with the same timeframe and filters applied.
Check out the New members example below:
This drill-down button exists on charts in default reports and custom dashboards.
Check out the KB doc for more info: https://orbit.love/knowledge-base/drill-down-into-reports
Now you can directly send individual Twitter DMs to a single or multiple members of your community through Orbit. This makes it easier and less time consuming to:
- Say hello to folks that you see pop up in your Orbit Activity Feed
- Reach out to multiple folks for whom you have the same ask (ex. personally inviting folks to an event, asking people for product feedback)
- Track which teammates have reached out to different members in your community (so you have context!)
Check it out on the Members tab or from a Member's profile and let us know what you think!
You can now manage the Slack channels you are tracking activities in directly from the integration settings page.
If you head to
Settings > Integrationsand click on your Slack integration, you'll now see a new
Manage Slack Channelssection.
All of the channels that you are
currentlytracking activity in will be listed. You can edit these by clicking on the dropdown.
In the dropdown you can select, or de-select channels, and also search for specific channels if you have a very, very long list.
Note: If you do not see this functionality on your Slack integration, you will need to upgrade the permissions by clicking on 'Re-connect Slack'.
Heads up Slack integration users, our Slack integration now gives you more control over how you connect to, and ultimately manage, the channels that you want to capture activities in Orbit.
Additionally, we've also made the integration easier to add to a new workspace for the first time, or if you need to un-install and re-install the integration for any reason.
If you already have the Slack integration installed, you can take advantage of these changes (and we recommend that you do) by following these steps:
Note: Make sure you are logged into the correct Slack workspace in your browser before you start.
- Go your workspace Settingsand click onIntegrations
- Click on the Slacklogo to view the integration settings
- Click the Re-connect Slackbutton
Once the re-connect is complete you will be presented with a list of the Slack channels that Orbit can access. Check to make sure that the correct channels are selected. You can also add or remove channels at this point.
Note: This change does not stop existing workspaces from importing Slack activities, everything will continue as before.
Tags are a great way to fine-tune the Orbit experience to your needs. They can be used to categorise your members however you need, and these categories can then be used to super-power search and filtering of members throughout the app.
Now, we’ve made it easier to manage your tags!
Tag Managerin your workspace settings to see every single tag present in your workspace as well as how many members it is linked to.
From the Tag Manager you can:
- Edit a tag to update it for every member it’s associated with.
- Delete any number of tags to remove them from your workspace.
- Search and filter your tags to see just how you’ve used them.
- Reference the members who will be impacted by clicking the “member count” link for a specific tag. This will take you to a filtered view of the members table to highlight exactly which members will be changed.
Orbit now supports the popular community success and engagement platform, inSided!
inSided allows companies to bring customer feedback, self-serve support, product feedback and customer advocacy together in one platform.
Our integration is available for users of our Premium and Enterprise plans and enables workspaces to track:
- New questionsand question replies
- New articlesand replies to those articles
- New conversationsand replies to conversation topics
- New ideasand replies to ideas
You can find out more about the integration, including set up steps in our Knowledge Base article.
Activities are a key component to Orbit - the more Activities you track, the better you can understand how people are interacting within your community.
To make Activities even easier to work with, we've added a few improvements to help you manage your Activity types. Now you can:
- Delete activity types:Keep your data clean by deleting custom activity types you created that you no longer need.
- Search activity types:Use the search bar to find the activity type you're looking for. Check out this Loom to see it in action.
- Merge activity types:Use the new merge UI to combine activity types. Just go to Activity Types, select the types you want to combine, and click "Merge"
Check out these new features here: https://app.orbit.love/settings/activity_types